I thought of doing this after seeing drawingFreak77's character trivia and that I wanted to talk a bit about some history about my characters and their original designs, personalities and some explanation as to where they came from or how I created them.
- The ever character that I've ever created was Aika the Maid dating as far back as January-February of 2012 way before I joined this site in June. You can tell that I used to be really into Anime (more specifically, Anime maids) based on how the character looks Anime-ish although it looks horrible compared to my recent designs. She used to be the mascot of my Meido-Tek Productions label and the only time she made an appearance in a story was in that ill fated Aika and da' Smarty Kid webcomic I mentioned in my previous journal and when I canned that lame excuse of the comic, so does its main characters including Aika.
I might bring her back someday since she was the first ever OC that I've created... With a major design overhaul of course.
- When I used to work on my Aika and da' Smarty Kid webcomic, I created a bunch of characters for it besides Boupie that never saw the light of day... The only character that eventually did was Nikki even though I don't have much to do with her as of now.
- Boupie was originally based off of the little girl character who only appeared in the pilot episode of Sheep in the Big City. The name came from mishearing the name of the character she was based off of who was named Little Bo Peep (a generic name for little girl characters) but I heard it as Lil' Boupie which I've since stuck with ever since.
<- original RGBAguy signature
- When I used to work on that Aika and da' Smarty Kid webcomic, Boupie was originally going to be just Smarty Kid's friend who has sort of a love interest on him (similar to Isabella in Phinease and Ferb) but I made her into my main character when I canned that terrible excuse of a comic.
- I used to be so harsh with my Boupie character at one point which you can tell by the following drawings and her original character reference below. Reason being was that I was getting a tad bit bitter about my characters at the time and I thought I could release some of my stress by drawing them in situations where they either die or being in a situation where they are going to die. I fortunately stopped making such drawings and started putting effort on trying to improve their designs shortly after.
- Boupie's was originally going to be just a girl scout who likes to go out in adventures with her friend Lizzie and does her girl scout activities to the extreme in hopes that she'll be the best in her class. I soon ditched that idea as I found that to be very cliche so I made her into a typical little girl as a placeholder before her fairly recent character overhaul which not only made her personality so much more interesting but I also changed her design as well making her pretty much a fully original character design and personality wise.
- Lizzie Trixster was obviously based off of nerdsman567's Marilyn character but I've also taken some design inspiration from Trixie in The Fairly Odd Parents mostly the skewed/angular clothes. Her personality is pretty much the same in her current design with some improvements such as having a history about her failed magic attempt that made her quit doing magic ever since.
(eww, the Comic Sans)
- Mono was originally based off of a mysterious girl I saw in a dream I had a long time ago. The dream took place in a calm, snowy forest and the whole thing was in black and white which explains the grey-scale color scheme of the character and it was the most beautiful dream I've had so far. For some odd reason, I made her into the Princess of Darkness completely discarding her original design but I'm most likely going to reuse her original design for a new character someday... More detail about her character can be read in the following character reference.
(OMG, it looks worse than the original Lizzie drawings! At least the character description is really interesting)
- Anna was originally going to be a fan-made character for a webcomic by a certain artist I used to follow a long time ago. I wanted to do a pretty dark fan-made sub-story of it where a girl named Anna somehow managed to survive the great epidemic that was released by the goddesses through a cryogenic preservation program that never took off only to wake up in a new world completely different from hers. However, she must stay away from the inhabitants of the new world as most of them have been brainwashed to kill her on sight to make sure that nothing from the old world survives (hence the subtitle: Unwelcome) and the mock cover down below is her ending up in a dungeon for execution. Unfortunately, this interesting grim-dark idea never took off whatsoever and I turned her into a full-fledged original character as the Princess of Darkness of the Boupieverse as I don't want her design to go to waste. Her dark attributes were inspired from the hurtful feelings I had when I lost that artist I used to follow but my Dark Lamelotl fursona expresses those negative feelings much more accurately.
(hint: you might know who that artist is just by the title of this mock-up cover and the tiny 'license' text on the bottom)
Well, that's it for what trivia I can find (or remember) about my characters and stuff... I hope you found this clump of information (and old art) to be an interesting read.